Bedford Historical Society

in Holiday Giving

Founded in 1916, the Bedford Historical Society is a non-profit, educational organization committed to preserving our historic Town and original Village Green, educating students of all ages and interpreting our collections for the benefit of residents and visitors alike.

What we do for Bedford:  Own and maintain 10 historic properties.  Preserve and exhibit collections of artifacts, documents and photographs at three museums.  Educate students about early life in historic Bedford with visits to our buildings around the Village Green.  Protect 95 acres with four historic conservation easements.  Celebrate our history and architecture through community events and programs.  Collaborate with the Town and other local groups to preserve and protect Bedford’s historic and scenic landscapes.

The Bedford Historical Society is located at 612 Old Post Road in Bedford, NY in the newly restored Bedford Store building. Here, we display artifacts, documents and photographs from our collections; provide information on Bedford’s history and current events and host educational programs. We also operate a small gift shop offering our publications, Bedford gifts and penny candy in the spirit of the building’s original use as a general store. The Bedford we love today wouldn’t exist without the Bedford Historical Society.  And the Historical Society can’t exist without members who support it.

Join us and help continue our mission of preservation.